Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm Really Not that Interesting

But I'm glad that some of you think I am! It's always nice to hear that people are laughing at me here, there and everywhere. So thanks, adoring public :)

This weekend has been a wash so far. In a good way. Can a wash of a weekend be good anyway? Probably. So Thursday night, Nick brought a new game, called "O, Captain, My Captain" to our attention, and we played all night. It's a memory game though, and I have an awful memory. The boys had fun laughing at me.

Yesterday I spent the day in my room dancing to Taylor Swift and learning about the 1st and 2nd Intifadas, courtesy of Wikipedia. My friend Cody joined the Israeli army this summer. He's Jewish. I miss him a lot, but he's good about being around to talk, so we catch up every once in a while. Anyway, he had a seminar about the Intifadas yesterday and was feeling really depressed about it (only look up what the Intifadas were, if you don't already know, if you're ok with feeling a lot depressed. They were awful, awful, awful), and we were talking about them, and holy shit. Depressing. Sorry to bring this blog post down. Point of this story was that I was really happy to talk to Cody. Later in the day I got to catch up with two of my other Hendrix boys, Matty and Keine, and it that was so nice. Improved my Intifada-dampened mood. I really am lucky to have good friends.

Nick and I went out pub-searching last night and found a new one called The Perseverance. It was nice, and I'm fairly certain we're going to go back soon. Not too big/small, and good seating. Winner. Hayes had a concert last night, but when he got back we met up with him at Shakespeare Head. Conversation was all about our friends from home. It was pretty awesome, getting to hear other people talk about friends from home, because I sometimes think that I'm a rarity in that I'm certain that my high school friends are ones that I'll have for life. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that other people also have close friends that they didn't just meet in college. I mean, don't get me wrong, college friends are awesome. But high school (and grade school, and diapers) friends know where you came from. It was good, too, to just get to talk about my friends, and to brag about them. I felt like a proud Momma Duck, parading my babies around the pond. But then, Hayes and Nick were parading their babies around too.

Woke up at a decent hour today (10:40, as opposed to yesterday's.... I'm embarrassed, I promise....I don't know if I can type it, knowing the grief that I'll get about it.... but I will...............2:40), and have had some pb&j for brunch. Poor Dingle's been sick the last few days, and we're the only two left in our flat for the weekend, and we talked about how we miss having our parents around when we're sick. "Mom! Will you make me some soup? And bring me some crackers? And tuck me in with another blanket because I'm cold?" And Dingle was telling me about her dad taking care of her when she got her wisdom teeth out which, of course, got me to thinking about how I didn't have shoes OR socks on during this conversation, and how Dad would be pissing in my ear if he saw me with nothing on my feet, and telling me that I would get sick. He's probably right. So I'm back in bed with my blankets covering my feet.

Off to Harrod's today! Once I get my act together. Who knows what other adventures will find me?

1 comment:

  1. But you, and your perspective on things, really are that interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete