Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chocolate, Kodachrome, and Shakespeare

This is going to be a boring, chocolate-induced post.

At this exact moment, I am noshing on a Hershey's LARGE chocolate bar that darling, love of my life (platonic but pure), incredibly wonderful Adri gave me before departing. As I mange, I keep thinking about how Mom Savarese (her Mom) said that I could put the bar to good use by eating some of it before going out, seeing as sugar puts me in a good mood almost without fail. And when I'm in a good mood, I generally am friendly. Or more friendly than I usually am. Which is sort of obnoxiously friendly. This morning I said "bless you" to a construction worker that I was passing on the street, and he very kindly grinned at me and thanked me. I was pleased with myself, and then noticed my professor chuckling, and when I shot him a sort of inquisitive look he informed me that "people in this country are not used to such friendliness." So I told him that people in the Illadelph aren't so friendly, either, but that it's all my mother's fault for socializing me so effectively as a small child. He laughed again. This whole exchange then led to a conversation with Chase about snow(ice)balls being thrown at Santa etc. BUT, point of this story, I am happy to report that I don't even NEED the chocolate bar to be obnoxiously friendly and to meet people. Oh, happy day!

When I titled this post, I was listening to Kodachrome. I think I was listening to it when I wrote yesterday's post. May even have mentioned it. Am now listening to Cat Stevens and am getting into my Peace Train groove. Which is really just as groovy as Paul Simon.

I think I'm a little delirious. Three hours trekking around London enjoying the architecture is exhausting, and then speed-reading Henry IV before class in the afternoon and then three MORE hours, this time spent sitting in a warm, comfortable classroom talking about Shakespeare... well, it's enough to make any person a bit zonky. I intended to come downstairs to nap (and to get away from the boys' argument about whether or not Jimmy Page stole his music), but then came the chocolate, and the Paul Simon, and now I just don't know. AND NOW BILLY JOEL!!!! Come out Virginia, don't let me wait....

Anyway. Back to the Globe Theater tonight, this time to see Henry IV. 3 hours standing in the audience. God help me.

2 comments:

  1. Lack of sleep will do that to you...Hope you get your legs back soon!!
    PapaB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are obnoxiously friendly. it's a good thing.
    I also like Cat Stevens.
    Jimmy Page did steal a large ammount of his music.
    I had to read Henry IV this semester too. Are you also taking a shakespeare class?
    I am jealous of your chocolate bar, I miss you, and I love you.

    ReplyDelete