Tuesday, November 5, 2019

I have an apartment!!!

I'm writing from my Airbnb, but plan to leave for my new flat in an hour and a half! I have a home, y'all!!!

I visited 6 places yesterday to check them out. One was too small (but so close to the train!), one too expensive for what it was (great location near city center but the bedroom was TINY), one had a super weird owner who was telling me about the STDs of his last tenant (nope!), and the front runner was great but I didn't meet any of the actual tenants, just the owner (so they might have been great... or not. But I am my father's child and carry his sense of paranoia everywhere I go!).

The last place I visited is owned by this kiwi and his wife who are in their 70s, Mike and Grace. The guy has a goofy old man sense of humor, the two girls who live in the flat were both there, really nice, and really normal seeming, and there's a HUGE back yard that I've got free reign to garden in! It was a long day of hunting, but the place just felt right. It's not close to the train, it's in an inconvenient little suburb without shops located nearby, it has an electric stove top (ugh) but something about it. Fingers crossed that my feelings of goodwill weren't just because I was delirious from being out and about all day!

 So plan for today is to get myself relocated over there, get my bags unpacked and maybe do some actual laundry (need to run by the store while I'm still here in Fremantle with shops located conveniently). Then I need to actually get myself settled with finishing my Divemaster paperwork that I've been putting off because of having bigger fish to fry. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment